Hilarious April Fools Day Prank – Cat Facts Text
I think this is the best April Fools Day joke – ever!! Let me know what you think in comments!
It all started when a blogger friend posted about a prank she pulled on her husband. She created a free texting account on Google Voice (easy, and takes just a few seconds), and then texted him all day with “cat facts”.
You can do this with any type of text subscription service gone awry. So, if cats don’t do it for you then try something more realistic like Redbox or Dominos Pizza!
My husband had NO CLUE that it was me. I did finally confess, but spent the whole day laughing so hard I was in tears. The best part? He still likes me. 😉 I did this two years ago, but I still send him a random CAT FACT to get a giggle.
Here’s how to pull off this hysterical and annoying April Fools Prank:
- Create a new Google Voice text account, they’ll give you a free phone number from which you can text (this way your prank victim won’t recognize the number)
- Start texting! You can do this from your computer (easier to type / copy & paste) or from the free Google app for smartphones
- That’s it!
Tips to make sure your victim is Punked:
- Number the facts with very large numbers (to suggest there will be LOTS of them coming!)
e.g., CAT FACT # 832
- Throw in things like “how to cancel” so they’ll respond, make the required text something funny
- Then, change the “how to cancel” and make it hard to enter (type)
- When they reply, respond with something encouraging, such as:
- Throw in things that will scare them a little, such as:
- Use cute and slightly annoying cat terms, such as:
- For inspiration, check out my Cat Facts below
Here’s the transcript of my Cat Facts April Fools Prank!