Easy Dollar Tree Crafts: Round Farmhouse Sign
Wow, I just realized I never shared a how-to on these super fun, easy Dollar Tree Crafts: pizza pan style! This is my favorite, and it includes several more things than the others I’ve made. In other words, you can do as much or as little as you like. It’s all up to you! I got everything from Dollar Tree, except the corrugated metal which I found at Walmart. I’ll break down the materials list, instructions and cost for you.
With Farmhouse chic being so popular, yet so expensive, it’s no wonder people flock to make their own. For example, Amazon has round farmhouse signs for anywhere from $10 – $50 and up. You can make a sign like this for as little as $2 and change. The one shown above was just under $10 to make.
Quick and easy is where I’m at these days, and this project only took about 10 minutes to make, not including the time it took the glue to dry.
Everything is from Dollar Tree (unless noted).
- 1 pizza pan
- 1 rectangular plastic placemat
- 1 round fabric placemat
- Jute rope – thick and thin
- E6000 glue (I got mine at Walmart)
- 1 corrugated galvanized steel ‘frame’ (from Walmart)
- Total = less than $10.00
- First, center the rectangular placemat on the pizza pan and carefully mark it, then cut it. It doesn’t have to be perfect, you’ll cover the edges with jute.
- Next, attach the round fabric placemat to back of pizza pan with e6000 craft glue. It’s a good idea to also tack it in place with hot glue. That way it won’t slide around while you’re assembling the rest.
- Glue the plastic placemat to front of pizza pan using e6000.
- Outline the inner lip of the pizza pan with hot glue, attaching the jute twine as you go. You can finish it with a bow of thinner jute, or ribbons, flowers, or whatever you like.
- Using a generous amount of hot glue, attach the assembled pizza pan to the corrugated frame.
- Weigh it down overnight to allow glue to set. I covered it with a cutting board, and set a small can of paint on that. TIP: avoid setting the paint can directly on the plastic placemat, or it may leave a ring indent!
Pros: Super cute and can be customized to whatever you’d like! If you have a Cricut, you could personalize it using a plain plastic placemat. But, Dollar Tree has some really beautiful placemats that are perfect for this project.
Cons: The biggest challenge I had with this project was that other crafters have purchased all the pizza pans! You can find them cheap at Walmart and Target too, so don’t give up if your DT doesn’t have them.
In conclusion, this was a super quick project. It matches my farmhouse chic style perfectly. Compared to Hobby Lobby or Michaels, it’s so inexpensive you can’t help but love it!