DIY No-Sew Rice Heating Pad
I’m always looking for really easy crafts, and DIY’s to do with my little girl on the weekends. It’s a great way to spend some quality time together after the long school week, and we end up having something nice to share or show off to friends, and family. Its so much fun for me fun watching her learn new things, and showing pride in the final product!
Last weekend we decided to try our hand at making our very own homemade no-sew rice heating pad. It took literally 10 minutes to make, and it will get so much use from everyone in the house easing our aches, and pains!
These would make great gifts for Christmas this year, and you can even customize them for each person by picking them out a different themed sock! Check out the how-to below.
What you’ll need:
- Rice (amount depends on the size of your sock – I used a 2lb bag for this knee high sock)
- Long sock of your choice (clean of course)
- Essential oil of your choice for scent OR 3-5 highly scented tea bags
- Scoop and funnel for filling your sock
- First if you are using tea bags for scent, remove the tag, string, and most importantly the metal staple from the tea bags!
- Next begin filling your sock with the rice, every quarter of the way full drop in a tea bag, or a few drops of essential oil.
- When you have used all of your rice you can now tie off the sock with a tight knot.
- Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to heat the rice (power level will vary).
- Be careful when removing. If you find it too hot then allow to sit and cool for a bit.
- Squish the sock around to release the scent, and use to ease body pains.
- The rice will stay heated for up to 30 minutes – Re-heat as needed