DIY Glow in the Dark Pumpkins for Halloween
If you’re not much of a pumpkin-carving savvy person, you’ll find this creative idea with pumpkins to be great to try. Get crafty with Gimmie and make DIY Glow in the Dark Pumpkins for Halloween! It doesn’t require a lot of supplies, so you won’t need to splurge on making these. Plus, it’s kid-friendly and will surely have children amazed at the fun and wild masterpieces they could come up with.
What You’ll Need:
- Plastic Pumpkins
- Tulip Glow in the Dark Paint
- Newspaper or Scrap Paper
- Creative Flaire 😉
Where to Buy:
You should be able to find all needed supplies at a local craft store (even as different brands). Also, you can snag them right now from Amazon and easily read reviews that will help you find what’s suitable for you. I recommend trying this set of Tulip Fashion Glow Paint, which will give you a variety of neon colors and has great reviews from many satisfied customers. To complement your glow paint, get some Light Green Artificial Cinderella Pumpkins if you’d like.
- Have in mind what designs you want to create
- Grab your colors and begin designing your first pumpkin
- Here are some ideas: lines going down the sides, lots and lots of little dots, wacky zigzags, and funny faces
- Just have fun with it and let your inner creative genius guide you – it’s that simple 🙂
- Then repeat the process for more pumpkins (if you want)
- Give time for the paint on all your pumpkins to dry – about 10 – 25 minutes – depending on the designs
Once you’re ready, turn off the lights and let those babies glow. Haha! They may make for awesome centerpieces for the dinner table, as long as you have the lights dim enough to see the pumpkins in action. 🙂 Enjoy yourself this Halloween!!
Special thanks to I Love to Create Blog for a cool way to rethink Halloween pumpkins (and for the cute pics)!