DIY Glow Jars for Halloween
Halloween is the best holiday for all things glow-in-the-dark!! Get crafty with Gimmie and try out these super cute DIY Glow Jars, and add some light to the darkness of Halloween. This is very easy and fun to do, plus it won’t require a lot of time, and most importantly, a lot of money.
NOTE: This craft involves using a liquid glowing substance and is not recommended for young kids to complete. That is for safety reasons, so children won’t accidentally ingest the cool, but potentially dangerous glowing substance. It’s better to be safe than sorry! 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- A jar
- Two glow sticks (different colors are available)
- Rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Newspaper or scrap paper
*You can easily find all the necessary materials around your house and/or buy them from a local crafts store for cheap. Super Bright has a great #1 Best Seller colorful collection you can snag now from Amazon! They will glow for 8 – 10 hours long!!
- Put on your rubber gloves and safety glasses
- Grab the two glow sticks and cut them each at the end while in the jar
- Shake each glow stick inside the jar until they are empty (be careful with plastic/glass fragments in the jar)
- Head to a nearby garbage bin and empty the plastic fragments into it
- Swirl the liquid around the jar
- And…that’s it!
Since it’s not really all that fun to have only one Glow Jar, repeat the steps above for as many more glow jars you desire. Now you can get into a dark place and let the fun begin!! Of course, the best time to let these glow is at night when there’s no interference from the sun. Plus, it adds the spookiness to Halloween. They look the coolest outside. Just make sure the Glow Jars don’t fall and smash into pieces and keep kids’ hands out.
A special thanks to Intimate Weddings for this awesome craft idea & eye-catching pics!